The story goes...
In 2015, Tony, founder of Camper Marmalade/White VolksWagen T4 owner wished to immerse himself in the camper van community and attend more shows with his partner. However, without the means to attend said shows he instead arranged a small gathering with some friends at a local campsite. What Tony and company didn't realise, whilst huddled around their campfire, is that the trip they had embarked on would become "Camper Marmalade".
So where did the name come from? It's a simple tale, really. A fellow camper produced a homemade jar of marmalade to be enjoyed with their toast. Hence forth their gathering was dubbed Camper Marmalade.
Fast forward to 2022. Feastival Events, an events organiser based in Eastbourne, the neighbouring town of Polegate where Camper Marmalade takes place, understood the potential of the event and acquired it to ensure it's growth and longevity. Feastival Events focuses on creating family-friendly experiences centred around entertainment, music, arts, food, the outdoors and, above all, creating community!
Camper Marmalade is now a ticketed event which opens the doors to offering a wide variety of attractions including a plethora cultural food vendors, live music and family activities including the Marma-Lympics, a trade village and a large kid's zone.
This event is dedicated to celebrating the passion of camper vans, particularly Volkswagen and other vehicle conversion camper communities. The goal is to bring like-minded people together to share their love for these unique vehicles, provide opportunities for attendees to learn from each other and to enjoy the many attractions of the event.
Camper Marmalade is committed to creating an open, warm, and welcoming environment for everyone regardless of their background or experience level with camper vans.
June 21st - June 23rd
CRITIEA FOR CLUB CAMPING -
Club Camping requests for this year are now closed.
ADDITIONAL EVENT INFORMATION -
• Bag searches will be carried out at the main entrance by our security team.
• Toilets will be regularly checked and cleaned.
• The use of personal camping chairs & mini tents is welcomed.
• Drinking water will be made available to everyone attending if bringing refillable bottles.
* Entry wristbands (CAMPING OR DAY PASSES) must be worn at all times, these will allow you to leave the arena and re-enter.
• Full disabled access and toilets are available, free carer entry is available on the day but the relevant documents must be shown upon entry as proof.
• If you have a smartphone then you don’t need to print or bring your tickets with you, simply present the E-Ticket at the door to staff for scanning.
• Card payments only at the main bar & at the main gate, the kids area, stalls holders & food vendors welcome both card/cash payment.
• Management have the right to reserve access.
• First aid tent and first aiders will be in the arena.
• Dogs are welcomed, we expect owners to keep dogs under control, on a lead & clean their mess whilst on site.
• Tickets can’t be refunded if bands are unavailable on the day due to circumstances beyond our control.
• Times and artists may be subject to change.
• Gas stoves and hobs with built in safety measures are welcome.
• Barbecues and firepits are not permitted on site (With the exception of gas barbeques with built in safety measures) .
• All FREE under 16’s must be accompanied by a paying adult.
• Refunds will only be available if the event has to be postponed or cancelled due to circumstances beyond the organisers control.
* Camping site access will be available from 10am Friday 30th June.
* Vehicle traffic on site must be kept to an absolute minimum. If you need to leave site frequently for any reason please ensure the vehicle being used is kept in the event carpark.
• Event Staff, Health & Safety Officers and Fire Marshals will be patrolling the site at all times. Anyone NOT strictly following the event guidelines will be removed.
• For any further questions on the information above please email us via the appropriate contact link below: